Monday, July 25, 2011

My Demographics

My generation is called the Millennials, this group includes people that were born between 1977 and 2000. They say that this generation grew up with technology and I believe that’s true. They don’t just embrace technology; it’s a way of life. The Millennials were the first generation to grow up in a world filled with computers, cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks. (Marketing : An Introduction, Armstrong  & Kotler , Chapter 3 page 17). Our generation is much more involving with social networks sites than ever before. Companies that are trying to reach this market use sites as Facebook, Twitters, etc. to advertise their brand and products. That’s basically a way to catch a Millennials eye.
I do agree that I fit well in this generation; my life revolves around technology in a daily basis. I have my cell phone with me all time. I’m always keeping up with the latest’s news by simply login in into my social networking sites. There is no day I don’t use the internet in my life. A recent study found that 91 percent of Millennials are on the Web, making up 32 percent of all U.S. Internet users. (Marketing : An Introduction, Armstrong  & Kotler , Chapter 3 page 17). In this fast moving pace live that we are in, I usually don’t have the time to sit down and watch the news on a TV, we rely on internet to get our news.
 “Barack Obama was the first presidential candidate to be marketed like a high-end consumer brand,” (Marketing : An Introduction, Armstrong  & Kotler , Chapter 3 page 17). That’s a smart move for the campaign to go that way because if they wanted to target the younger target, they could only do it by mastering social media sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment